Quick search

Advanced search

Glossary

Osgiliath

Osgiliath - Fortress of the stars.

In the early days of the kingdom of Gondor, its chief city was Osgiliath. It spanned the Anduin river and was between the cities of Minas Arnor & Minas Ithil. It was destroyed in year 1437 of the Third Age. In later times it still served Gondor as a defence against Mordor. At the end of the Third Age, Osgiliath was taken by Sauron's forces before they moved to attack Minas Tirith.

Home | Characters | Glossary | Books | Facts & FAQs | Maps/Charts | The Movie | Links